Projects | Industrial
Eielson Airforce Base Boiler Replacement
The entire project scope was to procure and construct two new state of the art coal fired boilers for the Eielson Air Force Base Coal Fired Power Plant near Fairbanks, Alaska. The scope included phased demolition of the two existing vintage 1950 boilers and replacing them with new 120,000 lb/hour boilers that are equipped with state of the art emissions equipment including both Nox and Sox reduction units. Laser scanning technologies were used in developing the design for this project.
Trindera designed and supplied the electrical and control system and the replacement for the plantwide server system for the field erected 2-drum multi-pass stoker fired boiler in Phase 1. With Phase 1 complete and operational, Phase 2 is in construction currently.
Trindera scope of work included:
- Field investigation of existing control system and DCS
- Design to replace GE Cimplicity DCS system with new hardware and software while incorporating four remaining boilers and the two new boilers into the same system with no complete system outage
- Design and supply of new UL508 combustion control system to NFPA 85 standards
- Application modifications to incorporate new combustion control for both RS Logix control program and Cimplicity human machine interface
- Conduit and conductor schedules and routing for instrumentation and controls
- Construction support